"Trust in the Lord With All Your Heart and Lean Not Unto Your Own Understanding. In All Your Ways Acknowledge Him and He Shall Direct Your Paths..." Proverbs 3: 5-6

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stent Placement

We were thrilled that the Stent placement went well. Yesterday was a long day as George was the last case to be done, but once we were given the word that the stent was placed it was worth the wait for endoscopic Doctor. George was back in his room by 9:00 PM, and felt encouraged for the first time in days. Dr. T was not the one doing the procedure, but he came to observe and give me the good news. We are so fortunate to have him on our case. Thanks to Suzanne and Kim for waiting with me, it helps to have a distraction.
George is doing good today, just tired. We are so thankful to be here at UCLA, however when you are at a teaching hospital the Doctors arrive very early for rounds. Today the first Doctor knocked at the door at 4:45 AM, and then Dr. Tomlinson's surgical team arrived at 6:00 AM. George only received about 3 hours sleep, so he's napping now as I write this. I stayed last night here with him, and found it so odd to be the patients family member, and not the nurse. It gives me new insight into how my patients families feel when the Doctors arrive so early and just flip on the lights. We are Glad to have such good care, but I know George will get more sleep when he's back home.
The plan will be to advance from the clear liquid diet he is on now to soft solids later today. If he is able to handle his meals well he will be discharged Thursday morning.

Thank you for all the prayers, and encouraging emails. We feel so grateful for the support.

~Donna

2 comments:

  1. We are pleased everything went well and that George is encouraged. I am looking forward to seeing you folks for a short visit sometime the first week of November. I will be alone as Becky will not be coming to California with me. I will let you know when I will be coming after I arrive at your Mom and Dad's. I hope we can find a convenient time for my visit.
    Love,
    Uncle Bill and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your twitter post regarding upcoming meeting with doc regarding treatment options. I'm praying hard and strong for options that will provide successful treatment. Keep is posted. Big tight hugs from Sassy the Bovey Gal

    ReplyDelete